Project wider objective
The wider project objective is to provide strategic support to the newly established public University in Kosova, University Haxhi Zeka, in the following areas: quality assurance, international relations and student support services. Thus, the Project aims to support the University on achieving the objectives of the Bologna Process, Strategy of Higher Education in Kosova for 2005-2015, Kosova Education Strategic Plan 2011-2016, Europe 2020 Strategy, the Strategic framework for European Cooperation in education and training (ET 2020), in the related area in order to facilitate the integration of Kosovo into the European Higher Education area.
Project specific objectives
The project is comprised of the following specific objectives:
- To support the university management structures;
- To establish/support the University’s quality assurance structures;
- To establish/strengthen the office for international cooperation;
- To support student support services, on introduction of new services to students;
- To modernize the information system of the University.
TEMPUS priorities and target groups:
- The project SD@UHZ directly addresses the following TEMPUS priorities:
- To promote the reform and modernization of higher education in the partner countries.
- To enhance the quality and relevance of higher education in the partner countries,
- To build up the capacity of higher education institutions in the partner countries and the EU, in particular for international cooperation and for a permanent modernization process, and to assist them in opening themselves up to society at large, the world of work and the wider world.
- To foster the reciprocal development of human resources.
- To enhance networking among higher education institutions and research institutions across the Partner Countries and EU member States.
- To enhance mutual understanding between peoples and cultures of EU and of the partner countries.
- University management and services for students.
- Introduction of quality autonomy and accountability.
- Development of international relation.