TRAININGS FOR ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF HELD AT UNIVERSITY “HAXHI ZEKA” IN PEJA
Peja. In the framework of the TEMPUS project: “Strategic Support on establishment and development of sustainable structures on quality assurance, international relations and students support services at the newly founded public University of Haxhi Zeka”, trainings for academic and administrative staff were held at the University “Haxhi Zeka” in Peja, during June 7 – 9, 2016.
The aim of the training was focused on capacity building of the academic and administrative staff of the UHZ and getting familiar with the best practices related to teaching and research methodologies and student competencies.
The training was opened by Mimoza Hyseni-Spahiu from University of Peja, who delivered the welcoming speech. Ms. Hyseni-Spahiu thanked the partners for the training and for delivering presentations chosen by the University. Present in the event were representatives from the following institutions:
- Prof. Dr. Tina Harrison, Vice-rector & Project Coordinator, University of Edinburgh;
- Prof. Dr. Denise Galvin, Professor, University of Alicante, Spain;
- Prof. Dr. Massimo Bianchi, Professor, University of Bologna;
- Prof. Dr. Pete Allison, Professor, University of Edinburgh;
- Prof. Dr. But Dedaj, Higher Education Expert, WUS Kosova
- Ms. Luljeta Aliu, representative of WUS Kosova;
- Representatives of University “Haxhi Zeka” in Peja.
During the three days of the training the following presentations were delivered:
- Peer support – Dr. Tina Harrison
- New teaching methodologies (ECTS calculation, evaluation and competencies) – Dr. Massimo Bianchi
- Student Centered Learning for Action Research – Dr. Denise Galvin
- Field Specific competences and Transversal Skills – Dr. Pete Allison
- Competences Based Learning – Dr. Denise Galvin
- Curriculum development for PhD studies – Luljeta Aliu
Furthermore, during the three day training beside the presentations, two workshops on the Update action plan for QA Strategy and the Conclusion and Reflection session were held. At the end of the training the staff was granted with certificates signed by the project partners.
Additionally, the Project aims to support the University on achieving the objectives of the Bologna Process, Strategy of Higher Education in Kosova, Kosova Education Strategic Plan 2011-2016, Europe 2020 Strategy, the Strategic framework for European Cooperation in education and training (ET 2020), in the related area in order to facilitate the integration of Kosovo into the European Higher Education area.