TRAININGS FOR ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF HELD AT UNIVERSITY “HAXHI ZEKA” IN PEJA
Peja. Within the TEMPUS project: “Strategic Support on establishment and development of sustainable structures on quality assurance, international relations and students support services at the newly founded public University of Haxhi Zeka”, trainings for academic and administrative staff were held at the University “Haxhi Zeka” during October 14 – 16, 2015.
The aim of the workshop was focused on capacity building of the teaching and administrative staff of the UHZ and getting familiar with the best practices related to teaching and research methodologies and student competencies.
Participants in the event were representatives from the following institutions:
- Dr. Denise Galvin – University of Alicante, Spain;
- Dr. Angelo Presenza – University “G. d’Annunzio”, Chieti-Pescara, Italy;
- Marijana Bandic Glavas – University of Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina;
- Luljeta Aliu – World University Services – WUS Kosova;
- Drenusha Gllavica – World University Services – WUS Kosova; and
- Representatives of University “Haxhi Zeka” in Peja.
First day started with the welcoming speech delivered by the Acting Rector of the University “Haxhi Zeka” – Prof.Dr. Fadil Millaku. Prof. Millaku expressed his appreciation for hosting this workshop and encouraged professors of University of Peja to ask questions and to be active during the presentations and discussions, in order for them to benefit from the knowledge and experience presented in this workshop, especially from international project partner representatives: Ms. Galvin from University of Alicante, Mr. Presenza from University “G. d’Annunzio” and Ms. Bandic Glavas from University of Mostar.
During the three days of the workshop the following presentations were delivered:
- “New teaching methodologies and technologies”, Dr. Angelo Presenza – University “G. d’Annunzio”, Chieti-Pescara, Italy. The aim of the presentation delivered by Mr. Presenza was on how to transfer knowledge from professors to students, and how to teach Case Studies.
- “Competences and Student Centered Learning”, Prof. Dr. Denise Galvin – University of Alicante, Spain. Prof. Galvin during her presentation, talked about how to involve students’ more in class, how to make them more active during discussions and how to develop critical thinking at students. In addition, Prof. Dr. Denise Galvin held a Workshop on “Competences and Student Centered Learning”.
- “Linking Competences and Learning Outcomes”, Prof. Dr. Denise Galvin. During her presentation, Ms. Galvin explained how learning outcomes and Competences are related and what the difference between the learning outcomes and Competences is.
- “Quality Enhancement in program design and delivery”. Ms. Luljeta Aliu – WUS Kosova. During her presentation Ms. Aliu explained how study programs at universities should be designed in the most qualitative way. Additionally, she presented the study programs design at University “Haxhi Zeka” in Peja.
- Presentation of the “Research Methods”, Prof. Dr. Angelo Presenza. After his presentation, Prof. Presenza also organized a workshop on research methods used by UHZ staff.
- “An introduction to Education for Sustainable Development”, Prof. Dr. Denise Galvin.
- “Impact of EUREQA project results at the University of Mostar”, Prof. Marijana Bandic Glavas – University of Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina.
In the last day of the workshop Conclusions and Next Steps session was held. During this session representatives of partner institutions discussed about the outcomes of the training, progress achieved during the implementation of the project, and the next steps to be taken in the future.
Thus, the Project aims to support the University on achieving the objectives of the Bologna Process, Strategy of Higher Education in Kosova for 2005-2015, Kosova Education Strategic Plan 2011-2016, Europe 2020 Strategy, the Strategic framework for European Cooperation in education and training (ET 2020), in the related area in order to facilitate the integration of Kosovo into the European Higher Education area.